Thread: Electra 1028 Be
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 11:59 AM

BeerCan,

I am new to this playground so my experience is limited but I generally know what I like and I like Focal. My 1038Be speakers have been a pleasure to listen to, so much that it drives me to consider what the upper end of the Focal line could provide. The Stella and Maestro speakers appear impressive, but so is their cost. I am pleased with the 1038s and believe they are providing a premium return in the cost/benefit analysis.

There are a lot of speakers to choose from and such a vast price range so it is important to find what pleases you and not be too influenced by others that want to tout their systems at the expense of others.

I don't know how to address the harshness as my basis for comparison is limited, but I listen to a wide range of music from The Who to Prokofiev to Nora Jones and I enjoy my sound.

Best of luck in your search and enjoy what you decide on. The bug to make an upgrade down the road is inevitable, just do it at your pace and with advice from reputable sources, such as Ivan and others in the forum, that provide commentary from real life experience without regard to personal bravado or financial gain.