View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avta View Post
I don't think you will be able to know with certainty how adding an Aurieges will effect you system without trying it. I know that sounds trite but system specifics are critical in my view. I recently added an Aurieges-L preamp to my system which consists of Harbeth Compact 7 speakers, Quicksilver Mono 88 tube amps, Anedio DAC1 and Squeezebox Touch. Like you I don't do vinyl for the same reasons. I noticed a signficant improvement in sound quality which I described in an earlier post as " more meat on the bones. " The sound is more realistic with improved spacial characteristics and richness. Others will likely chime in but do try to borrow one if you can.
Guy
Thanks Guy, glad to hear it helped your system out. I've been considering reaching out to my dealer to see if I can borrow one before taking the plunge. My hope is that he'll have or can sell me a used one, because I have no intention of buying new equipment and I'd hate to waste his time if he has nothing used to sell me. In addition to loving music, I love to save and new audio equipment is a horrible value for me at the moment. A used Aurieges sounds like it would be a good upgrade for the money.