View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Jim, I don't know if you ever heard the Krell Evo 707, I have and that is a really state of the art product and one I would not hesitate to use for both serious 2 channel and multi-channel listening. I would not hesitate to run it as the only preamp in a system with speakers with a price tag of Maxx 3 and higher. I can't say the same about many other multi-channel preamps/processors. It is simply pure and transparent to the bone. It is a bit pricey but allows one a full solution.
Serge
They did have one at my local dealer but he sold it to a customer who could not wait any longer for his unit. (Kind of like the MX-150's I think) I did hear it as part of the all Krell system in 2-channel and that system was very good. I really like the Krell sound but I am not willing to pay the premium they ask. I think their 402 lists for $16k and the 600 mono's for about $32k. At those levels I would also have to seriously consider MBL, Boulder, Gryphon and Burmester. Actually, I am very happy where I am at right now.
Jim