View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 05:45 AM

how fascinating to see you, Puma Cat, describing the purpose of an expensive PC for a component as being to "keeping "the pool of power" in the distribution system clean".

i know we have discussed this idea which i believe originates with Shunyata previously but it is the first time I have seen it written like this. I wonder what % of people interested in stereo appreciate this. surely the vast majority (myself included unless prodded frankly) believe the PC is about providing clean power to the component.

i am further fascinated by your description of the "the pool of power". for whatever reason i became fascinated with my systems and tweaking it etc. and thru that noise management process and reading and forums etc. that is how i came to see my stereo. as a commons where the weakest link, no matter where, can pollute the whole. evidence of the benefit of this paradigm for me was the significant improvements in noise removal achieved by just removing SMPS from a stereo system. again no matter where.

the effect is represented by the maxim applied to digital front ends, to wit: "everything matters".