View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 01:28 AM

I had ceramic drivers speakers for more than 4 years (evolution acoustics MM3). While I liked them a lot at the beginning, I grew with time bored of the coloration that ceramic drivers (and wooden construction) brings. I heard to a lot of ceramic speakers from reputable players (Tidal, Marten, Kharma...), but always had the impression that changing speakers would be a lateral move rather than a real upgrade.
This made me move to Magico (Q1 with S1 and Q7 also on order). Magico speakers needs your ears to get "re-educated"- they sound different from anything else, but if you go often to concerts or play music, you would realize that they just sound like the real thing... it is like removing a veil from the music. They give you much sharper transient and more details, better decay (even more for the Q than S serie), if you use high quality amplification.
While visiting dealers searching for an amp, I recently listened again to the Eidolon and the X diamond. While they are not bad speakers, I lacked the sense of presence that I find with the latest aluminum Magico speakers or to a lesser degree with Gyia. I have personally much more respect for these last 2 brands, which really try to innovate with their own drivers and cabinets.
Just my humble opinion....