Thread: Harbeth P3ESR's
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 10:06 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manubarrow View Post
Is this for real? I heard great things about Harbeth. But I didn't think they sounded so big. A few months ago I was about to buy the p3esr, but when I realized the size of this little boys I went for a couple of Rega rx3.
I wonder now if I took the wrong choice, specifically after reading Jerome's post.
Are these little boxes that good?
Dammit, after all I don't enjoying the Rega's too much. They don't have the clarity, and the highs are a little bit harsh and cluster.
I couldn't live without the low end thought, I can't possibly believe that the p3esr have too much. Or do I? At least enough body?
I'm very capable of doing something crazy and get rid of my 4 months rega rx3!
Regards, and thanks for bring this to my attention Jerome!
I can't comment as I've never heard P3ESR's in my room, but what I can say is my 30.2s sound frickin' incredible.....

S'ironic...I started out my professional science career listening to Large Advents in Walnut back in 1976.

And finished it with another ~ 2 cubic foot box...Harbeth 30.2s.

What goes around, comes around.

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.