View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
The N100H and the N10 have the same USB output, both have similar power supplies. I am glad you are happy with your purchase, but the no comparison comment is really hard to swallow. Were they both going through the same cable and dac ? If so how did you do a A/B comparison ?
When my wife and I did the comparison at the dealers' showroom, everything was exactly the same even the cables both being the same USB. Only the two boxes were switched so there was a short lag with our audio memory between the switching. Within 30 seconds of listening to the N10 over the N100h we were sold on the N10. I actually went to purchase the N100h since I am a total newbie with media servers and thought it would be a good place to start. If I hadn't noticed a big difference, for me, I wouldn't have considered a N10 as a starter piece. I only went by what I heard with my own ears and not by any specs. I was listening through a very high quality system and perhaps the N10 shines through more than the N100h in that instance.

Harbeth 40.3 XD, Sound Anchor stands w/ Stillpoints, Luxman M900 & C900, Aurender N20, Jay's Audio CDT3 - MK3 CD player, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Shunyata Everest, Altaira