View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 AM
A happy little vegemite..

Wise move Gene.

I have heard the AN Dac 4.1 and loved it. It really is as good or better than most analogue rigs I have heard. I'm sure the same applies to the 3.1. Very transport sensitive though. Wise going with an AN transport.

I like the Lux because it does decay well. And has SACD capacity. Oh ...and a digital in: which is very handy for the music server. Overall a cracker.

I should also say that in my experience Esoteric/Accuphase tend to be a little dryer than Luxman and the Audio Note is warmer again. Depends on your system: my Harbeths need a little bit of a kick up the jacksy - so I find the Lux has the right amount of warmth while giving me that edge that my speakers need.

If I had more "revealing" speakers (eg something with a beryllium tweeter) my preference would probably be for the AN - if I could afford it ha ha. But I tend to the warmer/musical end of the spectrum than the "accurate/forward" end.

As always - every choice is valid and it's all down to what you like. And really when you are in the rarified air of the D 08/ K 01 you can't really go wrong. AN is a top product ..but I always feel it's ...ahem....fully priced ..if you know what I mean.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach

Last edited by AndyPandy; 03-29-2011 at 06:48 PM.