View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Audio Snoopster

Spoke w/Dan D'Agostino a couple of times, and he was most helpful and informative regarding his Momentum monoblocks as well as his 2 upcoming preamps.

Also, I understand that there are a couple of 'major' publications that are in the process of reviewing the Momentum monoblocks, so it will be interesting to see what they have to say.

Dan also mentioned that he is producing a set of stands for the Momentum monoblock. During CES 2011 (Las Vegas), the Momentums were mounted on 2 aluminum stands.

However, Dan informed me that they have refined these stands and they should be going into production in the coming few weeks. He mentioned that they are smaller than the ones seen at CES 2011 (Las Vegas). The refined versions of these stands will give the appearance that the Momentums monoblocks are ‘floating’. He said that the each stand is rectangular in shape and raises the monoblocks by approx. 4" with the stand's feet been spaced approximately 7” wide and 14” deep - the dimensions of the Momentums are 4.3" x 12.5" x 18.5" inches (hwd).

Also spoke with a couple of people selling Dan's gear (including HiFi House, who BTW is no longer a Krell dealer), and was told that they have been selling very well. Whether it's sales talk or not, the majority have stated that the Momentums, in many ways, have bested the Krell Evo One's. But one thing they all seem to echo is that the Momentums possess a very liquid mid-range coupled with spectacular highs, great soundstaging & lifelike imaging, and tremendous dynamics as well as speed. Also, it was mentioned that these monoblocks run quite cool to the touch, unlike Dan's other amps (which ran quite hot) that he used to produce when still at the helm of Krell.

BTW, I agree with Serge that the rolling case with handles for the monoblocks is a most refreshing idea......nice touch Dan!

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 11-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.