View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Yep, except we're at Deer Valley Resort (right next to Park City). Park City has changed a great deal since 1984 - I dare say I might have liked it more in 1984. It's definitely the ski/resort town now.

Unlike most, I took up skiing at age 48 (so that my daughter, then age 9) would not have to do the same thing late in life. I expected it to be something that I did just long enough to get her up and running, but we loved it as a family. Great exercise, out of doors, everyone does their own thing, then come together at the end of the day, drink a beer and eat pizza and do it again the next day. We are at Deer Valley as my wife has plenty of gentler terrain, but my daughter and I can still find plenty to keep us entertained. Deer Valley would not have been my first choice except for the terrain issue. Coming back out here to ski Alta / Snowbird for a few days with friends later this month.

Kind of letting the 108T thing happen slowly this year as it's my only permitted upgrade (having turned the system over ~2.5 times or so in the last three years). I'm going to change the power cord and interconnect to verastarr in the first quarter of this year, and then likely do the upgrade in the second quarter.

Big snow last night!!