View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfeTe View Post
Hi Olksool couple of questions,

Have you considered custom made? Curtains do not necessarily have to be "acoustical" or "pro". I had mine made of one specific kind of cloth (Madraz) due to its absortive properties but also because they go with everything else in my room.

That leads us to my second question -WAF. What is your room like aesthetically speaking (meaning, what style are you guys going for) and has your significant other, from hereon referred to The Dictator , given you any hints?

Personally I didn't quite like the acoustic purpose - driven options out there, at least not in my country of residence, so we ended up going with custom made Madraz and couldn't be happier.

I have not considered Madraz or any other fabric at this point. My considerations at this juncture have more been about correcting room issues and gaining sound quality. I definitely have WAF in mind too, and she agrees with my efforts to un-clutter the room (amazing how quickly a listening area can get cluttered with equipment - mainly albums and audio peripherals, in my case, over time).

We are working on having built in shelves for equipment and albums which will allow me to get rid of furniture and other album clutter, thus opening up the room for sound to improve while allowing another listening chair for her to join me for music when she wants. (A two for one win :-). By the way, how did Madraz affect your sound?