View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Love Those Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Danny.......I have always enjoyed piano. When I was young we had a piano in our home, and my mother played. I really love hearing the rich tones, the sustain, the lower octave strings. Even on vinyl I listened to recordings of solo piano, or piano and bass. I never cared for the noise floor of vinyl when it came to sustained piano notes fading to silence, because with vinyl there really is no complete silence. It was distracting. Fast forward to 2009, with my present system solo piano is wonderful.

One of my favorite Windham Hill CDs is Windhan Hill 25 Years Of Piano - Windows. I just got up and put it on.
Dan,

While I'm typing, I'm listening to the '25 yrs of piano' on my computer. I'm recognizing the songs from Liz Story (from previous WH releases).

BTW, one of the best music experiences of my life was when I took lessons from Dr. Jan Bogdan Drath, during my college years. I think it's safe to say that I was his only student who was not a music major. His best student (not me) entered the Van Cliburn competition. Thanks for your time and guidance, Dr. Drath.
Tandberg TD20A, Harmon Kardon HK 400xM
PPP, Power Port, WW Ag Eclipse IC's & Speaker Cables, WW Ag Electra PC's

Last edited by jetblack; 04-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.