View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 12:59 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
Do you think the Venom Defender would be unnecessary with the V14 Digital?

Also, I am not sure the connector of the V14 Digital would phisically fit the IEC socket. I just took a picture of the back of the projector.

If looking at the connector options for this cable, the big connector might not fit but there is another option for that connector, which is smaller, that would fit. Which connector connector out of the two comes standard?
From your photos, it looks like Venom 14 Digital will fit fine with a standard C13 plug. You can get Venom 14 Digital PCs with C13, C7 and C7P plugs. If you are concerned a standard C13 plug with the NR filter may not fit, you can request a custom build with the NR filter at the AC plug end. You won't get as much component to component noise isolation, but the specific NR filtering the V14D provides will still be there. But looking at your photo, I think a standard C13 plug with the NR filter at the component end will fit fine; it may cover your on/off switch, but it should fit without obstruction.

Wtih respect to noise suppression the V14D will actually be better than that provided by the Venom Defender as the V14D has a slightly different noise filtering capability specifically designed for digital components the Defender does not have. However, IIRC, the Defender has transient protection that the V14D doesn't, so if you're concerned about this, I'd use one in the power strip or receptacle that the V14D/projector is plugged into.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.