View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davros View Post
Thanks for all the replies.
Have heard Burmester is a good match. I looked previously at the 911MK3, would a stereo have enough power or do you think monos are required?
D’Agostino is a brand Ive always wanted to hear but very expensive in my country and no opportunity to demo.
Tried a Pass Labs X260.8 and thought it sounded ok but not good enough to change my Audia Flight combo.
McIntosh 1.25kw with the Ref 6 was a nice combo, very dynamic but maybe not the last word in resolution.
Bryston monos is a good suggestion too. How does that match up? Is it a more of lively sound for rock music?
Boulder is the one I though might be a good match but again never heard that combo with the reference series.
I’m coming from B&W 800D3 and they were more lively and brighter that ended up being too much of a good thing but do miss that excitement sometimes that the SF doesn’t have.
This may give you at least some idea on the Bryston/Sonus Faber combination. It offered a very good balance I thought.

The speakers are the Elipsa and the Bryston amps were not the newer "cubed/3" version but this may give you an idea. https://youtu.be/a3i_DETaCg0