View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dth31 View Post
The VAC Renaissance preamps are very good, but there is a sizable gap between the Renaissance and VAC Master. The Master and CJ GAT S2 are more comparable. Haven’t heard the ART300, but the VAC Master/200iQ pairing is outstanding.

Hi Dth31, have you had the opportunity to compare the VAC Signature SE to the VAC Master? Mike Boivaird of Suncoast Audio tells me that, while not totally comparable, they are pretty close in performance (Mike has had both at his home). The list price of the Signature SE is within approximately that of the GAT and the Signature SE includes a sophisticated 6 tube phono with its own power supply. Unfortunately, the VAC Master is out of my price range, so I don’t plan on seriously considering it.

The difficulty I’m finding is that most of the equipment I’m considering is not available for direct evaluation, thus the value of audio publication reviews and, especially, the insights of fellow audiophiles is paramount. Fortunately, Mike has a 170iq integrated l, with phono, which he will let me bring home to audition. He says that will give me a good sense for the voicing of VAC’s gear. I’ll pick it up this Friday.

Thanks for your or anyone else’s input.

Mike