View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 07:45 PM
Cool, calm scientist

For your Harbeths, I'd look at the new REL T7i.

I think will match and integrate most seamlessly with overall sonic signature of your Harbeths.

Harbeths are very, very carefully manufactured so that each driver is hand-selected to match with the other drivers in the cabinet *and* the drivers in the other, matching speaker. You want a sub that will fill out the lower octaves in a vrey natural way and integrate seamlessly with the lower mids and mids in a manner that the span of the tonal range from top to bottom is one of "whole cloth".

My guess is, as good the JLs are, their bass output might be "overpowering" relative to the very tightly integrated overall coherent presentation by the Harbeths. I think the RELs would be a better match and will integrate more coherently and seamlessly with the Harbeths, so that the "magic" of Harbeths is only enhanced and not "discordant". The fact they are 1/4th the cost ($3000 cheaper) of the JL doesn't hurt, either.

There's an excellent article here at Tone Audio: http://www.tonepublications.com/revi...t7i-subwoofer/
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 03-24-2019 at 07:53 PM.