View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
PHC1, thank you for your comments. Very much the info I was hoping to learn. As I mentioned, I'd only seen Wilson's fairly close to the front wall. In my space having them out into the room is actually preferable so they would play more into the open space. I'm glad to hear they are fairly flexible in placement.
Bob, you may find that Wilson speakers don't need wall reinforcement to augment their bass capabilites but are very forgiving if you do need to place them rather close which is hardly ever the case with most speakers. After my 3 pairs of Wilsons I found they get better in terms of depth of soundstage/layering of instruments front to back depending on the recording of course if you give them more space and will sound even more coherent. Of course the tonal balance will shift some depending on where in the room they are, that is the whole point of WASP, you are trying to find a more neutral zone in the room and it may or may not be exactly 1/3 or 1/5 into the room... it will vary. With many other speakers you will be battling that elusive balance of smooth bass response/tonal balance and imaging, I find with Wilson if you follow WASP, you don't have to worry about the bass aspect nearly as much, just trying to dial and focus everything else in.