View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 12:20 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Alexia 1 isolation feet

Against the gurus recommendations, I switched out the OEM spikes and repurposed them with my sets of Ansuz’s Darkz DTC.

Like anything I experienced tradeoffs. Playing in this manner for the past few weeks things got a little tight in the bass but the mid range was not as resolving, but not in a way of turning back so quick.

I was going to be patient, maybe hoping specific parts of recorded material would miraculously snap back, but mechanical grounding takes no time to settle in and I was just being stupid.

So tonight, I changed back to the OEM spikes and things snapped back right where my two ears knew it was right.

Here is where you can tweak to your blue in the face, only to come back to where you left. So many variables in building these systems, it can drive one crazy!

Ohh, the Darkz DTC are great pieces and will go back to floating components in conjunction with Stillpoints.

Here is what they look like if your not familiar, they are 3 layers of a specialty metal with ceramic balls - so simple to make, but so costly.

Image1532492091.760299.jpg