View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:59 AM

Toga
I am pleased that you were able to try Dan's gear in your own set-up. In any discussion of top gear I believe it holds its own with the likes of Boulder, Constellation, Soulution, DartZeel, etc. When I first connected the amps in my system I was very surprised at how effective they were at handling difficult loads such as the MBL's I owned at the time.

Even though the amps work well with other brands of pre-amps, I think the synergy he designed into the units makes the pre optimized for his power amps. Several of us started with the power amps and were very happy with our McIntosh, Ayre, AR REf , PASS etc until we heard them paired with his pre-amp, then we switched.

Dan's company is pretty small and with the gear he has in the pipeline (home theater, pre-amp with streaming, phono stage and much bigger amps) I doubt we will ever see a lower cost line added to his catalog.

I have not had the opportunity to hear the Ayon CD player for any extended period. I am guessing pairing the unit with the Momentum's would be too much warmth for me as I find Dan's gear to be leaning that way already. Dan does suggest that his gear be left turned on all the time for best performance.