View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:06 PM

Thanks everyone. Truthfully, this is wearing me out. Maybe I'm just not up to the task of being a true audiophile and spending tons of hours and dollars tweaking every aspect of my system just to get a pair of speakers to work right. I am somewhat embarassed to say this, but I have to be honest, I may have reached beyond my threshold. I really thought this would be more plug and play, with very good initial sound that could turn great with subsequent tweaking. If this is what the ultra (to me) high-end means, I may have to dumb it down a bit for me. This is just too much work.

What is odd is that some recordings sound sooo good as to be almost awesome. However, so many others sound from OK to downright bad, that my music choices are drastically limited. In addition to the comments I've made previously, there is just no "life", no passion, no emotional involvement to the sound, even with the better recordings. Wow factor on the best recordings, yes. Toe tapping involvement and emotional connection, no.

I may spend some money to get a pro in here to measure,analyze and hopefully figure this out before I bail out altogether. Any Long Islanders around who can help?