View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
One more note -nothing you probably haven't already heard before, but for you guys with an EMT TSD-15n, I had a chance to hear it with the Hommage T2. It's silly good. It totally transformed the relatively inexpensive (non-Shindo) system I was listening to.
I also found it interesting that my Royal N SPU with the Hommage T1 couldn't hold a candle to it. Something to be said for synergy (and perhaps how good the TSD is!).

Yes, $5k seems like a lot to spend on a SUT, but I simply couldn't believe my ears. I'm going to keep my Royal N (sans SUT) and save my pennies for while, but I thought my next upgrade was simply to be moving up the Shindo pre-amp chain, now I'm not so sure...
Yep - The Hommage is the way to go - even though I wince ever time I see the price. I had a demo in my system and really enjoyed it. In the end I could not justify the price given some of the alternatives that I tried. May eventually get one yet. Most of the folks I know with a Shindo preamp use a 3rd party SUT.
Speakers: Tonian classic 12 (PHY driver) and Hawthorn Audio Trios (Open Baffle). Analog Source: Nottingham Ana-log, Garrard 301. Tonearms: SME 312S, SME M2-12R, Nottingham Unipivot. Cartridge: Koetsu Onyx, Lyra Helikon Mono, Ortofon SPU Classic. Digital Source: Eastern Electric Dac +. Electronics: Shindo Vosne Romane Preamp, 45,2A3,300B,F2a,GM70 SET amps, Atma-sphere S30 OTL, Dynaco ST-70, Shindo Haut-Brion