View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
The future of streaming TV as a means to save money is anything but clear. I have read a few reports foretelling a future of each content owner developing their own streaming service. Think Each major network, Disney, HBO, etc each forcing the consumer to have ‘their’ subscription. How many will we need with this niche programming? Who knows but it will take work to figure it all out so you get ‘that’ show or team.

Then, don’t count out the ISPs from trying to get their fair share of the pie as it is their ‘networks’ we are using. The end of net neutrality could further confuse our choices.

I spend $85 a month on 1GIG Internet. I don’t consider that too bad. But in order to be able to watch my Baseball team in SC, I need Direct TV in some format. Unless of course, the YES network develops their own service and holds their content on only their network. For me, that would seem to be a good option. Unless of course, I also need 15 other services, all at $15 a month...

They have us by the ‘you know what’. I see a world where the only way to manage our TV costs is to not watch TV.
I think 5G will provide increased competition which will result in reduced data transmission fees and more options. I could see networks having unique content but I think some will be subscription based vs free (w commercials).

Last edited by Jdsmoke; 02-20-2019 at 09:05 PM.