View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 PM

A Sky would get you back the soundstage, and warmth down low, for less money than a Fire. The Sky is like a warm silver. The Fire is more neutral/faster/resolving sounding than Sky, and a really excellent cable too. And the problem with Sky is multiple revisions over the years (later is better), leading to lots of confusion for a buyer, and lots of Chinese counterfeiting. My experience with Sky is the v1, so it should only get better from that.

For me, the resolution of the AQ silver cables is so much greater that it's impossible for me to run their copper again - though to be fair I'm only familiar with their Colorado, not the newer Earth. The Wind (the new Niagara, below Fire) is also an excellent cable; better than Sky in resolution but may not quite have the soundstage depth or punch down low (Sky and Fire have a more full tone than Wind) to satisfy you.

'Grats on the WEL's, GBP; great cables! I agree though the list pricing is ridiculous. Did you see they even raised the prices further in their new price books? $8250 USD for a 1m pair! Fortunately I got 2 used pairs for a good deal too. And with their new speaker cables & pricing - I can't play this game anymore. Happy with what I've got. I'd been swapping between 2 WEL's and 2 Wilds, the Wilds being less resolving but warmer (Wilds are warmer than Fire, too). Think I finally got my system balance back to where I no longer need the warmth of the Wilds, and can properly soak in the obscene resolution of the WEL's.

Last edited by mulveling; 02-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.