View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM

Talking A clarification on a digression | Updated post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLG View Post
Lowens,

Candidly, I don’t think I can say I employ any tangible logic with any of this. I do think, however, that over time I’ve learned to lessen my errors a great deal with experience and a little due diligence! So relying on that and gut instincts has put me where I’m at right now.

Now to whatever logic that was employed, well, I think the following points may provide some insight:

• Budget! The Petite (and all of Shindo’s speakers) is significantly more expensive than the O. But the O was within a “comfortable” range for me.
• I did not had a chance to listen to either the Orangutans or Shindo, but felt more comfortable with the financial risks going with the Orangutan instead of the shindo. I think before I make that kind of jump I'm flying to a dealer and listening!
• I totally dig the look of the Orangutan! And more so than the Petite.
• W.A.F.!
• My set-up does double duty with HT and audio. This is out of necessity and not necessarily preference. So décor, décor, décor… See note above about W.A.F.!
• I have a large room, so I can work with a lot of options, and was led to believe the O would more than fill the room, which I think it has with the 300B.
• My understanding is that the Orangutans were "voiced" with a 300B, who's I don't know. But that's what I read and or heard. I was also led to believe that the 300B is an ideal match for the Orangutan!
• Did I mention budget?
• Did I mention W.A.F.?
After further reflection and contemplation, I've updated this analysis. The remaining rant, that was previously posted, was retracted after further consideration... I simply digressed too far...