Thread: We won!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ421291 View Post
I do feel sorry for my friends in the USA- your 2 top sports (Baseball & American Football) nobody else plays: so no World Cup, no tours of other countries. You are missing out on life's best sporting moments
Could be an ANZAC Final!
With all due respect, this is one of the most misguided things I think I’ve ever read on AA. Among 50 others reasons I can think of, did you have any idea that the largest attended football/soccer game during the last men’s World Cup was not in Russia but in Atlanta during an MLS playoff game? One of The reasons that American football is so popular here is because the games do not end after 90 plus minutes in a 0-0 tie. NFL football athletes are the strongest most conditioned athletes in the world and would make rugby athletes look ridiculous if there were ever some type of comparison. Aside from men’s soccer, there is a reason the US dominates team sports and the summer olympics....if the US’s best athletes actually cared and wanted to complete in soccer, they would most likely dominate there as well but the best athletes in the US have no reason or desire to play soccer, rugby etc since no one here cares.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3