View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 04:57 PM

Of course matching components is key and it's not talked about enough, but room acoustics are THE most important thing, but every component still has a sonic characteristic. When I say the 9H is hot to me, I say that because it's been the same sound signature every time I've heard it (many systems now). The first time I gave it a pass since I was literally of the first customers to audition it as The Audio Store in Newington, CT was the first place on the tour before the official release. I told both teh VP of US Sales as well as the store owner my thoughts and they said ti was because they weren't broken in. I went back and heard them again and it was the same etc... They seem to be doing good with it though and I'm happy for them. That's a great thing. When I purchased the Vandersteen Quatro last year I was able to get to audition well over 30 speakers from 60k down as it's my money and I"m no married to anyone in audio. I love Bernie who own's The Audio Store, but the Focal's and 9H just didn't beat the Vandersteen's for my money. that's just me.