View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 12:59 PM

This does not sound quite like your issue.

Mine has locked up several times and will not respond to power off instructions either with my finger or the app.

Requires a hard power-down with the switch on the rear of the unit, count 30 seconds, then a power up.

Then it checks the hardrive (and usually locks at 44% for what seems like several minutes, then hits 100%), I forget the words displayed, runs through the start-up process and then works fine until next time.

It is in my bedroom headphone system, so does not get played all that often,which increases my frustration.

I have only seen this once with the X100L, a few days ago when I was replacing my fire alarms, which required powering the whole house down. I always shut the power to the unit off at the back first before any manual power interruption, so no explanation there.

I think sometime last year there was a thread about a different (frustrating) issue with this particular model; I do not recall other models described as having any issues, except recently with my X100L.

If the sound from spinning discs was not so fantastic I would opt for a N10 (power supply and internal parts are said to be a vast step beyond the "USB only" players) in my Main system and relegate the X100H to my bedroom headphone system; I have heard from some that unit with a first class digital coaxial cable (which can play up to 1x DSD; I guess you keep the USB plugged in for 2x DSD and greater resolution) rivals the disc side when used with my SACD player. My library of CD and SACD discs contains most of the "digital" music I will ever listen to and much of that is also in HiRez on the Aurender hard drives for convenience, not necessarily critical listening, and I have Tidal on the X100L.

Even with all that, I love the app and the sound, so I just grin and bear it as long as it does not brick.