View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 AM
Semi-audiophile

I have made my move. Taking advantage of Transparent's upgrade program, I have ordered two Premium power cords, which will replace the HPPC cords on my MC501s. The Premiums should be available for pickup Friday. To be frank, there are two reasons for this choice: my other component PCs are Transparent, and the upgrade discount rendered the Premiums a better deal than the other two options, Shunyata Delta NR and Kimber Ascent PK10. I also am aware that my curiosity about these other cords has not abated, despite this purchase.

I still have Shunyata Venom HC cords on my voltage regulator and power conditioner, with no plans to change them out. But I can see a scenario where the Venoms give way to those Deltas down the road, if curiosity overwhelms and money cooperates, or the Deltas could replace the Premiums and the Premiums replace the Venom HCs. I will need to be totally satisfied with the Premiums to stave that off. I'm at a place where I need to be careful about what I do going forward in terms of discretionary purchases, as it's time to start thinking about the future and retirement and all that stuff.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks