Thread: Vac
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
I'll be giving at least the Renaissance V preamp a try in my system soon. I think it'll sound great, but man it's going to have to really blow me away for me to give up the Ref 6's amazing controls! Might give the Signature IIa a crack too. But the Ref 6 is really singing now with the Renaissance Phono.
I'm very excited to hear how the VACs compare to your Ref 6. I spent 3 months bringing home all sorts of preamps for demo as part of my upgrade search including the entire McIntosh lineup and even the famous Luxman 900u 2 times. The only preamp I wasn't able to bring home was the Ref 6 so I'm very interested to hear your thoughts.

I was very impressed with the Renaissance V preamp and probably would have bought it, but I needed a second output for a sub hookup (long story) which took me down the Signiture road. In its price point I don't think you can do better than the V unless you don't like the looks. It seems to be detailed where you need it to be and warm when called for. Also none of this 500+ hours breakin. No more than a few hours on the line stage is needed. The phono does take about a day to come around. I think this is the SUT architecture.

Last edited by robd2; 01-09-2018 at 10:54 PM.