View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 10:55 PM

Default Shunyata philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Hi all. Good time for a re-fresh of info.

From our perspective, power is vastly different (and far more critical) than simple audio cabling. its not a tweak or a random set of numbers or listening tests. Yes, we listen intently. We measure to prove what we do in virtually every arena, but there is more to it than that.

Best regards,

Grant

Shunyata Research

Hi Grant,

Shunyata’s modus operandi based on sound engineering principles, informed by listening, and backed up by measurement has always appealed to me, as have the results: all my signal and power cables at this stage are Shunyata.

I’m really looking forward to trying a Denali next. Everything that it aims to do – cleaning up power without limiting current, and minimizing inter-component interference – makes absolute sense. But I was hoping you could also help me better understand how Shunyata’s philosophy determines what it doesn’t do – e.g., active regulation, or even the sort of waveform shape regeneration that other manufacturers tout as essential. Is it the case that you all believe that those goals are far less important than noise elimination, maybe because you think most downstream components handle regulation and shape distortion sufficiently well? Or is it the case that solving these problems comes at an unacceptable price, such as restricting current flow/headroom, or actual product cost?

Thanks!

Vlad