View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:13 AM

I never heard LFD amps.
The french Harbeth importer is now the LFD importer too but over the phone he does not seem to join the universal super praise for them but he did not get all the line.
I would be tempted by the monoblocks.
Anyway, Harbeth speakers are so good, they really shine with many many various amps.
With time, I understand more and more Alan Shaw's statement " the amp must be a decent made one."
I listened yesterday to various tunes from the Keith Jarrett trio with the 300B preamp and the MC2205 power amp. I attended various live concerts of Jarrett. I never heard a more faithful, resolved and alive reproduction of what I heard yesterday with this combo on the 40.1's. I was simply transported on the sites of the performance. The absolute truth of timbre. While the MC2205 may sound "colored" on various speakers, the Harbeth sound is super natural with it. So yes, Shaw is right. Harbeth shines with well made amplifiers. And there are thousands of them on the market.
So although I would like to try the LFD monoblocks at home, I do not think that I could be that impressed compared to the various amps I already have.
It is a strange statement for a bunch of audiophiles like us, but yes, Harbeth really shines at the top of music reproduction no matter the amp. Really.