View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Default Center Channel recommendations for Amati Futura

I will soon be moving my Amati Futuras to our small intimate dedicated Home Theater room due to my soon to come Stradivari for my stereo at my main home. As can be seen from my signature, my Amati will be replacing my ProAc D80. I also have a ProAc dedicated center channel speaker. To more closely match my Amati Futura which will be used as L+R speakers in the home theater, I will probably soon resource a Sonus Faber center channel speaker. I called my local dealer who carries Sonus Faber and was recommend an Amati Tradition which lists for a whopping $29,900. Ouch. It appears to be overkill, but my dealer said that it would more closely match the timbre of my Amati Futuras for scenes which pan across the screen from left to center to right. That being said, my current ProAc center channel speaker does a wonderful job with voice and timbre matching to the large ProAcs now in there used for Left and right channels.

Is anyone using a Sonus Faber Amati Futuna or similar SF in a home theater have any suggestions? Maybe a less expensive SF center channel speaker which would be closely matched to the Amati Futura?

Thanks.

Bob