View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
brad1138,
After scanning this thread, it’s pretty clear (at least to me) that you will never be satisfied with this purchase. I totally get it. My advice: You need to move on.

You stated don’t ever want to do business with Audio Classics again. They have a good reputation generally, though, so maybe you should see if they will take the amp back. Worth one more try.

Harman screwed you out of the warranty for some BS e-bay nonsense reason. Unless their written warranty policy specifically excludes internet sales, a nice letter from your lawyer might provide them with some needed mental clarity.

The ‘repair’ was clearly done by an idiot technician who doesn’t know electronics and just ‘shot-gunned’ the fix without understanding the problem fully or even finding root cause.

You won’t get any satisfaction from the repair center - they will just claim this is how they all work - and they could even be correct. They just want you to go away.

Even if this all gets cleared up there will be doubt in your mind every time you turn on this amp and listen - it just won’t be right.

All of this is a real bummer, and there is only one way out. Life is too short to deal with a company that is a shell of what it once was, besmirching a fine name in the process.

I wish well whatever path you choose to take.

Tom
Thanks, I appreciate that.

The crappy thing is, even if I get AC to buy it back, I am out $2,000 in the cost of repair and shipping. This is a lot of money to me, the most I have ever spent on anything outside of a car and house. I can't really afford to bail on it and then afford anything near its (supposed) quality.

I did reach out to Audio Classics and have been corresponding with a Steve. I let him know about being told it was "normal". I am waiting for his reply to that.