View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:51 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafenears View Post
Great review. Question for you, what's the thickness of the Venom interconnects? Also how stiff / flexible are they?
I don't know what the thickness of the Venom interconnects are, as a I don't have a pair here to measure with a micrometer. They are comparable, but not identical to, the diameter of AQ Columbia/Colorado.

As for flexibility, I have no way to measure "flexibility". I don't even know what the unit of measure for "flexibility" is....and if I had a way to measure it, I don't have the metrology to measure with any statistical accuracy or precision.

They are more flexible and easier to route than AQ Columbia/Colorado but not as flexible as the very thin Zu Mission "single cable" interconnects I used to use.

Both cables from both manufacturers provide exemplary perfomance for dollar, build quality, and fit and finish. You'll never hear me say anything bad about either company's products because both companies, on the whole, make really superb quality products at all their various price levels. Personally, I am very glad both companies make products for high-end audio, as both companies offer products at various price points that provide superb functionality at their various price classes and thereby, excellent value for money. Same applies for Wireworld, now that I think about it. I don't know whose products I would use if Audioquest didn't make an excellent range of "daily use" products like their Bridges and Falls series, e.g., Golden Gate and Big Sur range of cables that I use in the car or on the road, or if Shunyata did not make their exemplary and innovative power distributors and cords (or incredible digital cables), speaker cables, etc. I own and have used products from all three companies (WW, AQ and Shunyata), and man, I gotta say, life is good! We are living in a time of having an embarassment of riches.

I can't say the same for some cable manufacturers (e.g. Grover's Cables, which literally came apart on me...urg.)

Regarding the interconnects, if I had to start from scratch, I'd go with Shunyata; the performance is fully on-par (maybe slightly quieter on some content) with AQ, but as I mentioned, the Shunyata RCA plugs fit my component's RCA jacks quite a bit more firmly than AQ, and the cables are more flexible and easier to dress. Not that this matters in any way, but I also love the look and fit 'n finish of Shunyata's products. There is an overall design harmony to them across all product lines that I like very much.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-07-2019 at 04:03 PM.