View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 09:43 PM

The flexibility of this product seems to target the mass market. Also allow channels to import an entry model with less configuration in type of finishing to allow consistent flow of production. If this strategy works for SF this may become the bread and butter product for them.

I am surprised that they are offering a even cheaper product versus Venere that is fairly new in the market. This is after SF took a big gamble and went thru a great length to prove Venere market viability. I am even more surprised that they are making these right in Italy instead of China. This does put a big question in their continuation of production base in China and possibly a move in restoring its made in Italy identity.

Obviously this is not targeting the Olympica and above customer base. That is why the design direction is more contemporary since the mass market is pursuing the same trend. Don't be shock to see wifi enabled active portable or stereo system from SF in the near future. These markets demand are real and quantifiable like what Naim, Martin Logan, B&O, Dynaudio and others have follow suit.

I have not heard the new line of Chameleon so I cannot judge its performance. As critical as my ears are but at this price point I have to be relevant. Like others here I do appreciates their top line range especially the Aida, Stradivari and Guarneri Evolution. I think these will continue to improve upon and my hope for them is to improve in their quality. It's the simple things that matters and don't over complicates.