View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc jmajma View Post
Serge,

Could you elaborate why there are separate left and right volume buttons in place of only one?

I ask you this because I would like this feature on my C1000: I don't know why (room shape, speaker place, my own ear perhaps...) but I have to play with the balance +3 (it means I guess +0.3db) to have right in the center the voices, on any input, and on C1000T and C1000P.
Jean Marc, the Lamm preamp features a "dual mono" because the preamp is designed to be of a "purist" approach with as little in the way of the signal as possible while using highest quality parts possible for a transparent sonic signature that infuses the system with the ambiance and harmonic richness that exists on the recording without veiling or coloring the music.

Here is a brief description from their website:

The LL2.1 features a topology that brings out the most natural sound performance in the audio path, as well as graceful and sophisticated design. It employs a pure class A operation from input to output; all stages are single-ended. The preamplifier's audibly neutral power supply features a full-wave vacuum rectifier. This rectifier, together with a choke-containing filter, allows to practically get rid of the hum and buzz and, in the end, to ensure the verity of dynamic range without coloration.

Each preamplifier is carefully hand-crafted with matched components of the highest quality, some of which include military graded low noise DALE metal film resistors; NOBLE potentiometers; ELECTROCUBE and ROEDERSTEIN film capacitors; high frequency switching grade CORNELL DUBILIER electrolytic capacitors; and specially selected long life vacuum tubes. The LL2.1 features a custom-designed power transformer.

Of course any description can be colorful and make a product "sound good" on the pages of the magazine or website but I can vouch for this Lamm preamp, it is a KILLER preamp for the money. The fact that I can switch from the awesome Ayre KX-R at many times the price to the Lamm and enjoy both almost equally says a lot about the Lamm. The reviews from others confirm the same thing, it is an excellent preamp.

Last edited by PHC1; 06-29-2009 at 11:13 AM.