View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:53 PM

Lowens,

Thanks for the kind words. I am intrigued by your statement that you found the O96s' "slightly elevated". Can you explain what that means for you? I'm not trying to be difficult, just wanting to understand. I am also interested in better understanding your comment about the "amount" of bass. Do you mean it in the context of there being "more" bass than what you would expect or believe to be there? Candidly, I just notice that there is more rumble than I heard with anything else. That in turn has provided a greater contrast with the rest of the music, much like the black levels do on a nice Plasma or the new OLED. Just how it might compare with the Sophia's would be interesting. But for me, ignorance is bliss...

BTW, that stinks that you're without everything for a while. Your situation is giving me some pause about a remodel we have planned for late this year. Fortunately, it should not require scuttling the system...

As for the VR - I can't wait! But it sounds like I may not get it and it's cousin, Mr. T until late February. So I'm without anything that I'd call "audiophile" right now. I am, however, able to use my HT Pre-Pro with an EAR phono stage.

You know, FWIW, I was planning on getting the masseto. However, I was able to sell some extra and replaced equipment off and get a little more than I expected. So the leap to the VR was not as bad as you'd have thought. I just hope I can stick to that and not hear the siren call of the Giscour... But then, someone else on this forum just heard the call. So I may soon find out how great it is...

For now, I'm lovin' the Os!

Take care, Lowens, and thanks in advance for the input!