View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:19 PM

Default Anaconda CX or Alpha HC (or else)

I have been searching the forums in old threads but could not find a direct answer to my interrogations..

I currently have a Black Mamba HC/CX plugged into my Bryston BDA-3 and it sounds fabulous. The difference between the stock cord and the BM is simply astonishing. I was not expecting it would make such a huge difference on a DAC.

I have always been found of the CX line so that is why I purchased one BM HC/CX on the used market as I had experience with those a few years ago (that I regretfully sold..)

Now I am using a XLO Ultra X-10 I borrowed from a friend in the meantime I find something more suitable for my integrated amplifier (vintage CA-1000 modified with IEC socket). I was thinking of the Anaconda CX to stay within the CX line since I know that the CX adds a bit of warmth that I like in my music. But on the other, progress is made in power cords so I am curious about the Alpha HC and Alpha Digital. I read a post from GrantS where he says that the Alpha HC is a direct successor of the venerable Anaconda CX.

Am I better of selling the BM HC/CX and buy an Alpha HC for my amplifier and an Alpha Digital for my BDA-3, or should I hunt down an Anaconda CX to get the sound I like?

Thanks,