View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Semi-audiophile

Ok, last night I spent time with another of my reference DVDs, Moody Blues: Hall of Fame. It's a live 2000 performance at the Royal Albert Hall with an orchestra behind the MBs. What struck me was that I heard more low-level details and subtleties than before, sounds I'd never heard before, yet didn't hear one or two familiar sounds. The extra details made things sound more like a live performance. I heard more music overall, but the absence of those one or two notes (from a xylophone, it sounds like) on "Tuesday Afternoon" were noticed, as was the increase in low-level detail of the orchestra's playing. And the tympani at the close of the orchestra's opening medley had more of a musical note in it. It's good.

I do wonder if the Venom NR cords would make more of a difference, but for now the Premium is still being tested and will remain on my 2300, most likely.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 12-05-2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarification