View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:00 PM
Blown & Injected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Pete View Post
That's kind of the way I see it. It definitely won't appeal to everyone; but I think it will sell. I've started to feel that a lot of Mc products are starting to look the same-a box with a nice glass front and two knobs, in many cases. This one definitely isn't that, and I think it looks pretty cool.

Would I buy one? Probably not, the form factor wouldn't work for me, and I haven't bought an integrated amp since I was 14 years old anyway. This needs to sit on a relatively open table so the whole thing is visible, and that setting I just wouldn't have.

So while I wouldn't be lining up to buy one, I'd look at it in a store if I had a chance and wouldn't mind hearing what it sounds like.
Pete, often when you try to become all things to all people, you become nothing to your core customer base. It's almost as if a noob decision maker said - Folks like our meters, they like our chrome chassis, they like our EQ, they like tubes, they like our lighting, they like the form factor of our classic stereo tube amplifiers, they like our alpha-numeric display, they like our new Mc heatink design . . . oh and integrated amplifiers are our biggest seller. Make me a product that offers all of that.

Haven't we been seeing a progression of this thought process for a while now? I guess as long as Mc's core products continue to offer the performance they're known for we shouldn't worry.