View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Uh...I have them!
I thought they looked familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpod4 View Post
I auditioned both. Both are great speakers - they disappear and image well. I preferred the Special 25s given prodigious ability to convey bass.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The Special 25 are well, special. The Special Edition Dyns tend to be a bit more, shall we say, forward? than the non-SE versions. They tend to be more analytical and are noted for being less forgiving of source content. That being said, they can be made to perform superbly. What's required, however, is:
1) A superb room, i.e., large enough not to be overpressurized by those big Evidence woofs and very well-implemented acoutical "management".
2) Current/Power/Damping: That big Evidence woof needs current/power/damping factor to bring it to it's best potential. An ET250S or Premier 350 or your Burmester would be the hot setup here; the CA200 would work well, too. A triode MV60, fuggedaboudit!
3) Optimal setup....a combination of just the right room, placement, and components.

The S25s require careful implementation of all these to be at their best, but can be very rewarding if you can bring all these parameters together.

Personally, I think the C1 Sig will be better suited to your needs. They'll be sweeter sounding on more content, and less finicky about room, placement, setup and components.
I'm sure my room is big enough but needs better "acoustic treatment". I like less finicky but they will be gone someday