View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Coppy,
The KT-120s are doing great, and the interesting thing is they seemed to have created a wonderful synergy with the CT-5. I spent the evening listening to the CT-5 last night with my Rega P5 and I'm going to have to rethink things. The fuller, weightier, and punchier presentation of the KT-120s has filled in some of the gaps I've always felt the CT-5 had compared to the Premier 17. Namely, while the CT-5 was quieter, faster, more detailed and transparent, it was thinner, leaner, flatter, more neutal and smaller in presentation than the Premier 17.

The KT-120s seems to have really brought the CT-5 to another level in terms of these gaps. Gotta say, the CT-5 sounded REALLY good last night. The other remarkable thing is how good the Rega P5 is compared to my much more expensive Michell/SME V/Koetsu UV.

Interesting thing to think about, about how a power tube in an amp can create greater synergistic results with a preamp.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-23-2011 at 05:42 PM.