View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 AM

Dear Martin (aka Barsur),

the volumes of the two players have been "equalised" at 63 dB. To achieve this the level meter of the DP-720 was set at -3 dB. In my initial draft the numbers in the results section were organised like in a table. Because this “table” was not conserved after pasting everything in the AA page I had to edit my post a few times. It seems that when doing this I have deleted by mistake the crucial information about the DP-720 level setting (which was situated one line above the “RESULTS section”). I am sorry for this silly typo, it was 01:00 hours...

I could easily repeat this test and equalise the volume from the pre-amp and thus leave the DP-720 level to 0 dB (which probably will be slightly more "precise”). However, since I "compare" cd player my results will, in the end, neither confirm nor infirm your conclusions about the three Accuphase pre-amps - they may have similar dynamic capabilities. All I am arguing is that you can not proclaim the three pre-amp identical unless you test properly their dynamic abilities. As I have mentioned before, IMO opinion this characteristic is a crucial difference between various Accuphase pre-amp from different classes.

Paul

p.s. I refer to you as "Martin (aka Barsur)" because there is a 2nd Martin here (aka meltemi)

Last edited by nvp; 11-20-2015 at 10:06 PM.