View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
That's one way.

I don't know your system. Maybe you are done with everything else. If not, consider this as general rules (my rules) in this order that could carefully be altered in some systems due to performance.
-Almost every cable is important. I would upgrade cables, powercobles interconnect and speaker cables first.
-Get clean power in whatever way you can (could be power conditioners etc). That is what everthing in your system has to deal with. Clean power exactly when the amps needs it is a big deal.
-Get the system a quiet and stable electrical ground. More important then some could guess. (Entreq and Nordost knows about this and have som good products, there are som ethers to)
-Get good acoustic environment in your listening room. It does not matter how good your system is if the acoustic pollute the sound on the way to your ears.
- Your speaker are good for sure so take your time picking good preamp and amp (ore a great integrated amp) and hopefully a good turntable and RIIA. Digital source could work but not all the way.
-Almost every cable is important. I would upgrade cables, powercables (very important), tunearm-cable (is maybe the most important cable in the system), and speaker cables.
- Place this in a good way and that is good feet and a great rack.

Then you system will be almost as good as it gets.

At this point I would consider better jumpers.

Getting my point?

Respectfully
/Apexorca
+1 on all this great advice.

Long story short, I have done a lot with internal bi-wire, shotgun bi-wire, normal amping, vertical and horizonal bi-amping over the years. If your speakers are such that they benefit from bi-wire there are some benefits.

However,....the best sounding configs I've ever had, and presently still have are best when the absolutely best set of speaker cables you can muster are used full range with a matching or superior set of jumpers from the same manufacturer.