View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 09:04 PM

Default Pre/Pro with bi-amping capability

I have been using my Pioneer Elite SC-65 (using it as a pre/pro) to bi-amp my Bryston Mini-Ts via an Anthem PVA-7. The Pioneer Elite SC-65 has in it's programming the capabilities to drive/send the low frequencies to the woofers on the front speakers using the "normal" and the upper frequencies to mids and tweeters by configuring the surround channels. I am using this as a 5.1 configuration!

I'm looking to update my Elite SC-65 as it's starting to act up. I would like to find a pre/pro that does something very similar that the SC-65 and not just use a Y-adapter as a cheap fix. (See attached screenshot of the SC-65 manual)

There is noticeable difference between standard connectivity from the SC-65 through the Anthem PVA-7 to the Mini-T's versus the bi-amping through the SC-65 and the Anthem PVA-7 to the Mini-T's It's truly noticeable the difference it makes. Just tonight I had to reset the SC-65 to factory default, so I listened a while in stand configuration, then re-did everything to bi-amping (changed software in the SC-65 and wiring to the speakers) really noticeable and much enjoyable in the bi-amp configuration.

So what would be a good pre/pro to replace the Pioneer Elite SC-65 with something that has true bi-amping within the unit?

Without having to sell a kidney would like to keep the price under $3000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 7.55.36 PM.jpg (12.5 KB, 30 views)
Subwoofer REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System BluRay Player Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray