View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Would it be possible for you explain a grounding cable? I see it is plugged into the Cast input. Am I correct?
Yes that's right.
Actually I started to study electric engineering, but the life took me in another direction and I did not obtained any wide and deep knowledge in this subject. I'm not able to explain it like an engineer. Please correct me if I'm out of line here.
But I'll try.
It's something like this...

There is a ground for the high current electrical power in your house, It's good to have fore safety reasons... This ground can bring noice from all the pollutions in the net power into your system. It's good idea to make it clean and silent to get the best out of a system. There are some good products and I think Nordost is one of them.

Most of the Qkore connections I'm talking about above is how it deals with the signal ground. Like this new CAST cables. This is the big and in many ways unique thing about Nordost Qkore and the reason why it sounds so good.
All units in your system, front end and power amps, are dealing with the signal. Every unit and every side, left and right, are having a signal ground level that we can se as zero. It's the level of voltage there the signal runs. One problem is that every product and the left and right side will never have the same voltage level of zero. There will be a different in voltage. An overlap between them. This difference will be polluting the signal and will be heard as imperfection in the signal. It's like vaseline on a lens. Remove it and it will be clear. Try to draw something small with a big fat magic marker or a pen with a thin tip.
The signal ground cables makes the signal grund level zero, to align and reduce the difference in voltage between the different units and left and right side. Then the signal gets more clean and you can hear this very easy. More microdynamics, more characteristics in the sound from every instrument and voice, quicker transients, more resolution, more texture and so on.
In this particular case with CAST, it was important just to use the signal ground part in the connection and the cable. It's not possible to run a signal through it, just signal ground.

Is this possible to understand?
Otherwise I'll try to get some help from a professional and bright friend to explain it better.

Last edited by Apexorca; 04-03-2020 at 01:04 PM.