View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 03:50 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
I’m so happy with the way my network is sounding. It is simply amazing. I added the DJM GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter as the last step before my Select II DAC and the results were stunning. The GigaFoilv4 optically filters out 99.99999% of the noise in the network. I also added a Keces P3 Linear Power Supply for the Ethernet Filter and Keces P8 LPS for my Roon Nucleus Plus core server. Each LPS got an Audience AU24SE MP power cord. Lastly, the network got AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet Cables.

There are still other tweaks I can implement such as Linear Power Supplies for my Synology DS-3018XS NAS, Netgear Nighthawk X10 Router and Cable Modem. I may also add an audiophile switch but frankly, the Nighthawk X10 works and sounds so excellent with its 6 Ethernet LAN ports, I’m reluctant to add another switch in the chain when it’s really unnecessary.

Ken
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your post for this discussion. Yep, I read the Audiostream review of the GigaFoil V4 from info provided by Jim (Still-One). For The Love of Music is using Keces LPS's, too.

With the very high-quality components of your digital front end, GigaFoil, two Keces LPS' and AQ Diamond Ethernet cables and the Audience PCs, I would expect it would sound very good indeed.

I'm trying to do this on the cheap, though. I would estimate two Keces P-8 LPS, the GigaFoilV4, 2 X 0.75M AQ Diamond Ethernet cables & two Audience AU24SE MP PCs would cost approximately....$8000?

It must sound fabulous...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.