View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 09:50 PM

"By extending the high frequency capability of the complete loudspeaker system out to beyond 50kHz, this in turn corrects the time and phase response at the upper end of audibility. This delivers enhanced accuracy and spaciousness, improved clarity within the essential mid band area and even an enhancement of the definition and impact of low frequencies. Benefits are heard clearly with any source material, regardless of bandwidth, therefore ensuring that a Tannoy SuperTweeter™ is an essential accessory."

I am not doubting that is a good tweeter, BUT Regarding those claims of time and phase, I am not drinking the Kool Aid. In short, it's BS.

I have to say that the phase of the waves propagated at super tweeter frequencies, say about 10,000 or 20,000 Hz makes no difference whatsoever. The wavelength is 1 inch at 10 kHz and half an inch at 20 kHz. Move your head half that amount, only 1/2 to 1/4 inch and you're 180 degrees out of phase at those frequencies, not to mention the wave interaction with the tweeter in the main speaker. The room is ablaze with comb filtering at those frequencies and you would have to literally measure your distances from all the speaker drivers and literally lock you head in a vice to even measure the differences at those frequencies and you still would't be able to hear it. You might if you were a bat. If you COULD, you WOULD LITERALLY HAVE TO lock your head in a vice to listen to the speakers to observe their claims.