View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Sewell Silverback - needing an upgrade

Sewell Silverback 12g 10ft, with banana plugs of the same name. They've been ok for my start, but it's time for an upgrade. Also the (very long, and very finicky) Neutrik connector for the REL T-zero sub.

Just got my office/library built-ins almost complete, after months of waiting, and contractor screw-ups. Now it only needs knobs & drawer pulls, and they will be out of my house! Now I will no longer be headphone restricted.

I added Pangea power cords, and have AudioQuest Cinnamon and Red River interconnects.

Questortapes74 was gracious enough to check out my space, and help me with my initial setup yesterday. A special thanks to him!

The important thing I was waiting for was to measure speaker cable lengths, and seeing what the runs look like. There will be some relatively tight bends.

This thread in particular, along with AA's "Search" function, has been extremely helpful to in finding the next step in quality upgrades.

My current leanings for my SC replacement are (in order):
Kimber 8TC
AudioQuest type 8 with Pangea spade terminations
AntiCable 3.1 Reference with solid copper spades
BlueJeans

What to do with the excess Neutrik cable after determining sub placement, and whether and how to terminate the bare ends will also be one of my next quandaries. Then I will bide my time and sweet talk (and probably bribe with jewelry, purses, and shoes) my lovely wife into a power conditioner upgrade.

I'd like to highlight the tremendous help this forum has been to those of us more prone to lurking than posting. The knowledge contained by the site would not be possible without the expertise and experiences of all the contributors.

Looking forward to continuing my journey...

Thank you again!
ShrinkySmurf