View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 07:38 PM

I am awaiting an Omega XC for my Denali 6000V2 -- it will be on an existing dedicated 20 amp line. The 6000 V2 will power a dCS Vivaldi stack (DAC/Clock/Upsampler), D’Agostino Momemtum HD preamp, and a pair of D’Agostino M300 amps. That fills all six outlets.

I have one outlet available on the 20 amp circuit, and I wonder if running the preamp direct from the wall will lessen the load on the 6000 V2, and result in an improvement in SQ?

To further lessen the load on the 6000 V2, I plan on additional 20 amp circuit(s) to be installed for the amps. I could probably get by with one more outlet for both the amps, but two outlets will simplify power cabling runs and keep them at the same length.

If I have two more 20 amp circuits run, and plug the preamp and amps into them, I’ll wind up with three unused outlets. At that point I could conceivably run the dCS stack direct from the wall, and bypass the need for the 6000 V2 all together.

The power cabling loom is below:

POWER
Wall to Shunyata 6000V2. Shunyata Omega XC
Shunyata 6000V2 to preamp. Stealth Dream V18 (preamp)
Shunyata 6000V2 to DAC. Stealth Dream V12 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Clock. Stealth Dream V18 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Upsampler. Shunyata Sigma V2 NR
Shunyata 6000B2 to mono amps. stealth Dream V10 (power)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Macmini. Shunyata Venom 14 (digital)

Does anyone have experience running their entire front end direct from the wall with no conditioning?

Of course, if I go this route, it will call for a couple more Sigma NR cables...I already have one on the way...

Also, I joined the site a couple days ago and don’t have access to post new threads, only to reply to existing ones. Do I need to do anything further to fully activate my new account?

Thanks,

Dave Mitchell
Yorktown, VA